Patricia FortierP. Eng.
Specialty: Structural and Civil Engineering
Patricia Fortier holds a bachelor's degree in Building Engineering obtained from Concordia University in 1999 and a graduate diploma in Construction Engineering - Structures and Urban Infrastructure (short program) from the ÉTS in 2013. Before joining the CEP-Sintra team, she worked as a project manager and a building operations engineer.
As part of her functions as a project manager, she participated in numerous construction projects, mainly in commercial applications. She then managed all aspects of buildings operations and maintenance in a multinational company, (including infrastructure, structure, envelope, roofing, electrical and mechanical systems, lighting, fire suppression, generators, landscaping, furnishings, etc.) while balancing human and budgetary resources. She also participated actively in energy efficient projects, and building envelope inspections and reports for the real estate and facilities.
As a forensic engineer, Patricia carries out on-site accident investigations, case studies and prepares technical investigation reports. She also performs laboratory testing to verify hypotheses related to the nature and cause of accidents.
- Building envelope and thermal infrared inspections
- Water infiltrations and mould
- Geotechnical engineering
- Excavations and retaining walls
- Municipal work (roads, sewers and water distribution systems, bridges)
- Drainage (piping, backflow and French drains)
- Above and in-ground pools
- Construction defects and construction contracts
- Structure, foundation and structural analysis
- Standards and codes compliance, setting to standards
- Slip and fall